I was reflecting this day on my journey in Unity and wondered if any of you had done this recently as well. For me it has become a rich practice to see from whence I have come and where I am now. Finding Unity and the 12 steps brought me back to God with much healing. What is your story?
When I was asked in ministerial school what Unity meant to me, I couldn’t give a clear answer as it was just such a passionate feeling in my heart. Since then I have thankfully found the words to speak about it. I am often asked from people outside of unity, “what is Unity?” It is nice to be able to say clearly what it is. Finding the 5 principles gave me my road map to speak about and to live this Spirit filled life. Unity has become a way of seeing life and living life. It totally changed my perception of life as I knew it.
The 5 principles are alive in me. This version of them is what speaks to my heart. They have had many different interpretations since I first learned them.
1. There is only one Presence and one Power active as the Universe and in my life - God the Good omnipotent - In and thru everything.
2. Our essence is of God; therefore we are inherently good. This God essence was fully expressed in Jesus, the Christ.
3. We are co-creators with God, creating reality through thoughts held in Mind produce after their kind.
4. Through prayer and meditation, we align our heart-mind with God. Denials and affirmations are tools we use with prayer.
5. It’s not enough to know the Truth, we must live it thru thought, word and deed.
Lately this Unity journey is taking me deeper in embodying what I thought I had already embodied. I’m sure new ideas will surface again at some point. It is such an organic journey of letting go, awakening and resurrection. I invite you to try this reflection perhaps for your Easter journey. Here is a scripture and visual that speaks to me of the journey.
Blessings on our shared journeys.
“Yeshua said to them,
When you make the two into one,
and when you make the inner like the outer
and the outer like the inner
and the upper like the lower,
and when you make male and female into a single one…
then you will enter the kingdom [queendom].
Gospel of Thomas - V.22